New Remodelista Book
By Julie Carlson
The handsome and useful new book by Julie Carlson and the editors of Remodelista is a perfect holiday gift.
For the past two years, we've been working behind the scenes on our first book, Remodelista: A Manual for the Considered Home. A labor of love weighing in at nearly 400 pages, the book features all new, never-been-seen-before content: tours of 12 of our favorite houses, a roundup of our top 100 household essentials, chapters on kitchen and bath remodels, and dozens of design ideas. Oh, and a lovely introduction by one of our design idols, Julianne Moore—plus an exclusive on her newly remodeled NYC kitchen.
Here's a chapter-by-chapter guide to what you'll find inside:
- 12 Houses We Love: A big picture tour ranging from a salt-sprayed Cape Cod cottage to an art-filled Brooklyn rental apartment to a historic London town house transformed by a powdery Farrow & Ballpalette.
- A User's Guide to Kitchens: Detailed dissections of seven great-looking, high-functioning designs, from the urban galley to the grand Californian.
- A User's Guide to Bathrooms: Standout bathrooms explained, from a patchwork powder room in London to a Scandinavian romantic master suite in the Hamptons.
- Design Ideas: Thirty-five of our favorite fast, simple, minimum-assembly-required projects.
- The Remodelista 100: A roundup of our top utilitarian household products, including tried-and-true standbys as well as newly minted classics.
- Remodeling Reality: A definitive guide to the remodeling process, with advice and insights from members of the Remodelista Architect/Designer Directory.
- Resources We Swear By: The 278 shops we turn to for appliances, lighting, tablewares, textiles, wallpaper, and more.
- Featured Architects, Designers, and Builders: A guide to all the architects, designers, and builders who contributed to the book.
Julie Carlson us the founder of Remodelista.
Originally Published in Remodelista
Sun Dec 01 00:00:00 PST 2013